Kent Swig is a President of Swig Equities, LLC, a privately owned real estate investment and development company. Mr. Swig’s responsibilities include setting the strategic direction of the company, overseeing acquisitions, development and managing the day to day operations of the firm.
Since 2001, Swig Equities has purchased and/or is in the process of developing more than $3 billion of properties, including holdings in Downtown Manhattan’s Financial District (FiDi). This neighborhood comprises the following office buildings: 110 William Street; 80 Broad Street; 90 Broad Street; 44 Wall Street; 48 Wall Street; 5 Hanover Square; 770 Lexington Avenue among others. Swig Equities residential investments include The Sheffield, 322 West 57th Street, a 58-story mixed-use building consisting of 582 residential units, 109,000 square feet of commercial office, 8,840 square feet of retail, and a 372-car parking garage; 58 apartments within the 198 unit residential building located at 401 East 89th Street and others.
Kent Swig’s other titles and holdings include:
- Owner and Co-Chairman of Terra Holdings, LLC, the leading Company in luxury residential real estate sales, rentals and property management in New York City, as well as a leader in commercial property services, appraisals, consulting and insurance. Terra Holdings, LLC, is the parent company of Brown Harris Stevens, Halstead Property, as well as Vanderbilt Holdings.
- Owner and President of Helmsley Spear, LLC, commercial real estate firm, focusing on asset and property management, investment sales third party office and retail leasing, as well as capital advisory services.
- Owner of Falcon Pacific Construction, LLC, a company focusing on construction, renovation and repositioning of projects;
- Principal in the Swig Company, a family-owned real estate and hotel company, located in San Francisco.
Kent Swig holds Bachelor of Arts Degree in Chinese History from Brown University. After earning his degree, Kent attended Hastings College of Law in San Francisco, where he was selected for the Law Review.
Mr. Swig resides in Manhattan with his two sons. Read more information about Mr. Swig’s social contributions and see Kent’s LinkedIn profile.
Charitable Organization Memberships
- Board of Directors of The State of Israel Bonds, 2002 – present.
- Board of Trustees of Central Synagogue, 2005 – present.
- President of The American Friends of the Jaffa Institute, 1990 – present.
- Chairman of the Real Estate and Construction Division of the State of Israel Bonds, 2001 – 2009.
- Board of Directors of Marin Academy High School, in San Rafael, CA, 1984 – 1987.
Civil and Professional Organization Memberships
- Board of Directors of the Alliance for Downtown New York, 2005 – present
- Board of Directors of the Realty Foundation, 1995 – present
- Board of Governors of the Association of Builders and Owners of New York (ABO), 1989 – present
- Board of Directors of Business Executives for National Security (BENS) 1996 – 2001, 2003 – 2010.
- Board of Directors of the Corporate and Congressional Division of The United Nations Associations of the United States of America (UNA-USA), 1989 – 1995.
- Board of Directors of the New York Building Congress, 1998 – 1994.
- Speaker, The Soho Loft, 2013 – Present
Honors and Awards
- Honoree of the Association of Real Estate Women (AREW), 2008.
- Hero Award given by the Police Museum of New York, 2007.
- Man of the Year Award given by the Realty Foundation of New York, 2005.
- Israel’s Peace Medal given by The State of Israel Bonds, 2003.
- Man of the Year Award given by Big Brothers/Big Sisters of New York, 2000.